Multimedia Arts Festival 2013


Come and discover the world of multimedia arts as De La Salle College of Saint Benilde presents it's first ever contemporary multi-sensory exhibit and design talks in The Multimedia Arts Festival.

The exhibit will feature art works and installations by of the Multimedia Arts Program.
There will be nine different concepts on display:

Rewind will take you back to reminisce and show the younger generation what life was like in that decade.
Twisted Tales will reinterpret childhood fairy tales, creating new librettos while still retaining the stories’ classic crux.
IM | POSSIBLE will attempt to answer strange ideas in the form of innocent questions or philosophical ones.
Spectrum will represents a multitude of ideas using different mediums.
Artbeat will weave together the past and the present through a creative play between the 80′s and today.
Cosmic Leap will recreates a virtual reality through different dimensions by providing visual, somatosensory and auditory perception.
Espejismo is the Spanish word for “mirage” and will beg the questions: “Is it really there? Is it present? Does it exist in reality or is it just an illusion, a trick of the visual perception?”
Prism, inspired by Newton’s experiments with prisms, the nature of light, and spectrums, will take the students’ collective understanding of the arts and their individual creativity to bring you this exhibit, taking a single concept and refracting it into an exhibit that is just as varied as a single beam of light.
Bring to Light will create a futuristic visual for the viewers to experience the light that makes use of what new technology can bring us, showing what the future has in store.



The Multimedia Arts Festival is open to everyone (no entrance fee) and will be at the Rockwell Tent from April 10-12, 2013. April 10 will mark the opening night starting from 6PM onwards and will be open on April 11 and 12 from 11 AM onwards.

Design talks are for free and you can register HERE.


For more announcements, Design talk schedules and details, 

18 comments:

  1. This event is very helpful to people who have a passion in arts and design market.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an exciting event for talented artistic people. Tess

    ReplyDelete
  3. This event seems really interesting, especially the Rewind and Twisted Tales. I wish I live somewhere so I can join this event but I am in the Visayas! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really interesting. I wanna join : )) i really love arts..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope I could attend to the visit but because of work and the proximity of location, I can't, huhu.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Curious as to how the "Rewind" section would look like on display. It'd be good to show the younger generation a little something from the past decades.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This would be an interesting event. I have a friend who does the animation for some of my post and I'm really amazed at how she does it. It would be interesting to learn more about that in this event.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is something interesting, will let know my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just wondering how the 'Rewind' was presented. Sad to miss this event.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This post is really helpful especially to those who want to attend this event.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I heard that DLS-CSB has a good arts program. This is their chance to prove it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have long since forgotten my love for the arts, but events like this would really create a spark.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The design talks are great for those who have real passion for the arts in digital form.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want to attend this event, but it seems like it has already started, sayang...

    ReplyDelete
  15. People who are in love w/ arts always amaze me. I wish I could see this event but, I'm miles away! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. too bad I can't attend this event.. I am always fascinated with arts :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow how I wish I could attend events like this, to enhance my skills and hopefully such festivals like this will also have here in Davao.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope there's another run of this event. It's over.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...