Mico Banayo: Love and Hate


Truth be told, hate had always been the fuel that fires me up and do well in everything I do. I hated a lot of people, well secretly. Guess you're familiar with insecurity and competition? I may not have done any violence (at least not yet) but you know what they say... In your eyes, nothing you do is considered a crime when you're heart is full of rage for a reason. And Bede Jarrett knows it all too well. 

But when there is anger, there's always pain underneath.

For months at a time, my life has been constantly changed by passing of close friends, and unfortunate events to people whom I care. I learn to forgive people who've did me wrong 5-8 years ago (well, others didn't even bother to say sorry). And I start to always look for reasons to smile, even when deep inside I'm hurting. I'm trying, at least. 

Earlier today while on Twitter, someone posted something about Mico Banayo. I didn't get to watch his story on free TV and so I Googled. I had no idea that what I'm about to read was something tragic. 


Mico Banayo is a victim of vitriolage or acid violence - purposely splashing someone with acid with malicious intent, injuring or disfiguring the person out of jealousy or revenge.

March 15, a stranger who introduced himself as a mail man of a courier company came with a letter. And while he was singing to receive it, the man reportedly poured a bottle filled with acid on his face. He was rushed to the hospital and got initial treatment. The burns are not only to his face but down to his chest, arms and other parts. His left eye has no vision and requires Corneal Transplant. His right eye, with vision requires eyelid transplant to avoid further infections and save his sight. Other parts of his body requires Laser Treatment due to 2nd and 3rd degree burns.


In the middle of my research, it even pains me knowing he is from Tanza, Cavite where I mostly stay and where I am right now. 

And so I created a Twitter post with Noypistuff's story about Mico and his photo asking for help. I got 40 retweets, now 44 as I publish this post. The other one I created got 12. And even more re-tweets from people who showed love. 






For donations, please see bank accounts and other ways to help below. 


Mico needs our help 
and prayers, more than ever.

29 comments:

  1. wow, I mean seriously, it's disturbing! It did not seem right. tsk tsk ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. and i feel saddened by this.. so tragic.. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sad..I wish people would rather love than hate..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jealousy has no use to one's life... Mico was a victim of this unfounded emotion... What a pity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's more than just jealousy and hatred. What cringing to this is that motives are still not clear until now.

      Delete
  5. Nobody deserves to be splashed with acid and I hope he gets the treatment he needs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He gets help and treatment but his other can no longer be saved. Last time I checked with him, he will be given an artificial eye just to make it look normal but without function. :(

      Delete
    2. That's really sad. I hope he finds strength as he undergoes further treatment.

      Delete
  6. just saw his story at Jessica Soho show, I hope the culprit will get a double karma for what he had done, jealousy had eaten his heart.. and for Mico praying he gets all the help he needed..

    www.mommahelps.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. shocks! he got the looks and now it is taken away from him. what is behind the story?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oi grabe naman, I am saddened by these attacks. The culprit should be punish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sad to say, the culprit is still at large. I know Mico personally and will schedule an interview with him soon about his recovery.

      Delete
  9. if there's any culprit on this... it's envy. it blinds you for what is proper and gives you wrong notions. i hope the person who done this be punished and mico will be given strength to recover from this. Yahweh bless. ralph

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh whoa I have not known or heard anything about Mico until I read this post. Grabe naman nangyari sa kanya.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i think i have heard of this story .. this is really sad. poor Mico.. i could only wish he could get back to his way of life ... but surely it wouldnt be the same .

    ReplyDelete
  12. First time to read his story, so sad. I can' believe that there are people who has the capacity to do such evil things.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I guess I already watched his story in "wish ko lang".
    He's independent and yet still helping his family. He's a good man yet with others hatred and insecurities now, his life was ruined. SAD.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's really scary what hate can do to us. it can bring out the monster in us. So bad.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my. This is heartbreaking. This is really sad. I hope justice will be served.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I need to read the whole story, I need to know what happened to the guy who splashed the acid! I think this is a criminal's act and he should not be permitted roaming around and doing such to helpless and innocent people. Let's help Mico!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What happened to Mico is quite tragic. I hope he will have the strength to overcome this very difficult period of his life.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Only a person with deep anger could do a thing like this. To hell with him and to Mico just face life as a true warrior should be.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Whoever did that must be really really angry with Mico. But whatever Mico may have done in the past, it's never right to pour acid on one's face and ruin his life forever. Justice for Mico!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What happened to Mico is so sad. I know that some people are very volatile when they're angry. This is a good lesson for us to learn how to deal with anger and learn how to forgive rather to cause harm to others. - KarenT

    ReplyDelete
  21. That was just barbaric. He may have done something wrong but whatever happened to a good old fashioned slugfest? I don't think splashing acid on someone, especially when they're caught off-guard is fair. I hope Mico gets through this.

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMG! this is tragic. I hope that justice will be served. To Mico, stay strong and I will pray for your speed recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  23. It is really is very hard to understand why some people can be so cruel and do something like this to others. Like you, I've had my share of people I hate so much I secretly wished them harm but I couldn't imagine doing it to them! :/ Crazy! I wish he is better now.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm speechless. Why would someone do just that? What happened to the mail man? Did he get arrested? He was at the comfort of his own house and yet this has happened to him. The world is such a dangerous place indeed :/

    ReplyDelete
  25. i hope mico finds his justice and the culprit(s) be punished for what is due to them... i also pray that he heals, not only that of the physical but from the inside as well. Yahweh bless. ralph

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...