Leave The World Behind: The Swedish House Mafia Documentary


Remember when Swedish House Mafia announced their plans of splitting up when their last tour come to an end? And when they finally reached Manila for their One Last Tour, only Axwell and Sebastian Ingrosso were there and Steve Angello wasn't? I know, it broke my heart too!


After almost five years together, I have always wondered why the now-defunct DJ supergroup Swedish House Mafia had to split up. And I think you've been asking the same question too.

And although I've read a few articles and on Rolling Stone about Steve Angello explaining the reason for retirement, I couldn't help but ask, why walk away from success? Perhaps, could there be some deeper insight into why their split could has been a forthcoming, despite solo efforts from each of its members?

WATCH!



For those of you who may not know, ‘Leave The World Behind‘ was one of the tracks that Sebastian Ingrosso, Axwell, and Steve Angello did with Laidback Luke. But now I guess, after their last performance at the Ultra Music Festival, they're officially leaving it all behind.


The film, directed by Christian Larson, follows the three producers and DJs as they prepare for the collective's impending breakup and subsequent farewell world tour. Along the way, the trio reveals why it decided to disband and follows the group after this decision—all the way up to the tour's finale.

The documentary is executively produced by Jonas Akerlund, director of dozens of high-profile music videos—including Madonna's "Ray of Light", Lady Gaga's "Telephone" and Christina Aguilera's "Beautiful."

Leave The World Behind is set to premiere at the SxSW Festival (South by Southwest) on March 12, 2014.


The official advance screening is available at Ziegfeld in New York on March 13, Cinerama Dome in Los Angeles on March 13, Odeon Leicester Square in London on March 14, Hoyts Entertainment Quarter in Sydney on March 14, and at De Balie in Amsterdam on March 14.

There are no further announcement of when the documentary premieres to other countries, if that would ever be a possibility, but I promise to update this post if ever Manila will be included. :)

For the official film merchandise (shirts, hoodies, accessories), click here.


17 comments:

  1. OOhh.. from the post I can sense that you felt bad for it. Maybe there could just be reason why they have to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit it's my first time to know about this band. The pics from their concert though look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leave the world behind looks like a nice collection of music and entertainment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't listened to any of their tracks but based on the video, SHM has a pretty good sound. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love their tracks.. I watch their video when I want to chill and relax.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Swedish House Mafia is one of my favorite artists! Don't You Worry My Child is one of my life's soundtracks. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are awesome!!! Swedish House Mafia chills and relaxes my soul with their tracks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. First time to know this band, and really sure that you idolized them. Hope they'll be together again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never come to know the band but for sure fans are all in love with their songs. The poster is very catchy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. very nice one! i dont really know the band though i found it very intersting specially to people who loves their song and to party x0 www.tauyanm.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great to be part of Party Animal Events team here in Davao that I appreciate now the EDM era. And to know more about DJ's Internationally and locally, appreciating it more. Want to see the SWEDISH HOUSE MAFIA personally, hope they can have an event here in Davao.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhh it's my first time to hear about them. Ahhh I feel like living in a rock -_____- For sure their fans here in PH will be happy if they can go here too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't know the band but the poster and photos are great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Most of the groups in music come into this stage, it's sad but that's how it is. It's better to leave when you're still famous, that's how famous music artist does.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A music group usually separated with their own reasons. Nice to know this group.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like an awesome group. Sad but maybe it's a matter of quitting while they are ahead and on top.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well, even if the documentary won't be released here, I assume there will be someone out there who will publish it out online so we can just download and view.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...