Volkswagen Beetle: The Icon Returns in Manila


Following the launch of the Volkswagen comeback in September last year, the surging VW fans' frenzy were answered to bring back the icon in the domestic market.

Last April 2, the third generation of the iconic Volkswagen Beetle has officially brought back to the Philippine market by the Ayala Automotive Holdings Corp. (AAHC) through its wholly owned subsidiary, Automobile Central Enterprise Inc. (ACEI).

Back left: Automobile Central Enterprise Inc. president and CEO JP Orbeta, Volkswagen General Manager for Sales (Taiwan, Hongkong, ASEAN) Dr. Bjoern Dammerman; Front right: Ayala Automotive Holdings Corp. and ACEI chairman Fernando Zobel de Ayala

The Volkswagen Beetle was reintroduced to the market in a symbolic dance-down-memory-lane ceremony, since its first production in 1939—the 1950's and 1960's, 1970's, 1980's, the 1990's and 2000's.


And we all know how well it was loved back then, from all generations and cultures, and to say the same in the present generation.

JP Orbeta, president of Automobile Central Enterprise Inc. (ACEI) - the official importer and distributor of Volkswagen cars in the country, opened the official launch of the Volkswagen Beetle to the Philippine market at The Mind Museum, Bonifacio Global City.


"The Beetle has always been special to me. I first learned how to drive with a Beetle and will always have fond memories, as I'm sure many Filipinos do. And now, I am extremely proud to be heralding the return of the world's most iconic car back in the Philippines shores", said Orbeta.


The new Beetle breaks free of the geometry of the previous model and displays impressive sports appeal—primarily in its extended bonnet, sharply swept-back windscreen and a longer wheelbase. Modified interior ergonomics have produced an agile, driver-oriented coupé experience in the new Beetle. In addition, it offers a distinctly improved feeling of space with its longer roof section.


Ayala Automotive Holdings Corp. (AAHC) and Automobile Central Enterprise Inc. (ACEI) chairman Fernando Zobel de Ayala graced the guests with his grandchildren as they drives down a 21st Century Volkswagen Beetle.


“We are excited to bring Volkswagen’s innovation and technology to the Philippine market, complemented by an outstanding customer experience... No other car evokes as much nostalgia, tradition, and heritage as the Beetle. As such, I am especially pleased and excited to launch a car as iconic and celebrated as the one we launching... ” said Fernando Zobel de Ayala.


Priced at P1,790,000, the Volkswagen Beetle 1.4 TSI Design MT with 240 Nm at 1500-4500 rpm (pumps out 160 Ps at 5800 rpm) has new direct injected gasoline engine with turbocharger, 7-speed DSG transmission (seven-speed dual clutch Direct Shift Gearbox), electromechanical speed-sensitive power steering, bi-xenon head lights with auto headlight activation and LED daytime running lights.


The VW Beetle 1.4 TSI Oryx White is valued at P1,840,000.


VW Beetle 1.2 TSI Design MT with 175 Nm at 1400 rpm (pumps out 105 Ps at 4500 rpm) has 6-speed manual transmission, new direct injected gasoline engine with turbocharger, electromechanical speed-sensitive power steering, halogen head lights with automatic headlight activation and separate daytime running lights, and priced at P1,590,000.


With a new design and the latest technologies, the Beetle reveals itself as a People's Car of the 21st century—bolder, more dynamic and truly engineered to play.

The Volkswagen BGC showroom is located at 28th Street City Center, Bonifacio Global City and is open from Mondays to Thursday 8am-6pm, Friday and Saturday at 8am-7pm, and Sundays from 9am-6pm.

ACEI plans to open two more dealerships before the end of the year—one in Alabang and one in Quezon City. Currently available in the Philippines are the Volkswagen Touareg, Tiguan, Touran, Jetta, Polo, and the Beetle.

For more information or to request a test drive, contact customercare@volkswagen.com.ph



27 comments:

  1. this car is totally a head turner!! I guess every VW are all head turners haha I usually noticed them a lot here in malaysia most in yellow colours.Such a great design for a come back. x0~ www.tauyanm.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The models are so cool and they look wonderful. Such a classic car yet it never stops to amaze people :D I love the Volkswagen :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! My bf would be really interested with this but I got no knack for cars. Maybe it's just not my thing since I can't afford that. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a prestigious event. I saw someone n my FB timeline posted a photo of one the cars in the event. I was so inggit. I wished I was also invited to cover the event. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow I love red, I love Volkswagen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I remember this Beetle car of VW, but lately, they unveiled the VW LX1 model.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was able to catch the old volkswagen in the street during the 90s though it was already only a few units.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love the volkswagen beetle. it is actually one of my dream cars!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've always looked at Volks' Beetles as hippie ride for hipster. I've always wanted to try driving one. I've seen beetles like this in neon, they look so rad.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think for less than 2M pesos for this all time favorite Volkswagen cars is very affordable remember those vintage volks - that can be sold for a very expensive price today ?

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Vokswagen Beetle is one of the most enduring icons of the automotive world.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Volkswagen - looks from 50's, 60's, 70's up to today... how cool is that? I am fascinated with its transformation.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice re-introduction of the most-wanted automobile, the VW. Hope that it'll captures people's interest.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have always loved the Beetle. And I am glad it's back! It still has that classic design that we love!

    ReplyDelete
  15. that red VW is oozing with style and hotness! I bet all the girls is dreaming to have one of them specially me! x0~ www.tauyanm.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I visited the auto show yesterday in World Trade Center and also have seen some of these Beetle cars. They're compact and look so cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This kind of car is super cute - I have always like Beetle!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I want the White and Red Beetle! Wish I could get a chance to own one. I'll use the law of attraction to attract one. Hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hay the beetle. This has been my dream car since forever but could not afford it. I want a yellow one someday

    ReplyDelete
  20. I had good memory with the beetle car, whenever I see one, I always feel nostalgic.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Volkswagen is now entering the arena! They really look cool and impressive! The old ones though are like remarkable with its cute and unique design. :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. VW has new designs for their avid customers. Really, the name itself has a durable connotation to oldies.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I think every hipster on the planet would want a Beetle! Haha! I'm just really curious if it's worth the hype! Oh I'd love to try and get in one someday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. "Kotseng Pagong" are back! Classic cars and yes, a head turner. - KarenT

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is the type of car that I totally dig!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow! Such a wonderful, sleek transformation from the Beetle of the 70s! I wish I have some cash stashed away somewhere. I'd love to have this car!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. i want the red one yamito... hahaha .. this is my dream personal car .i want it so badly .promise mag aaral na akong mag drive and i will pass it this time pag nagkaroon ako ng beetle...hihihi

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...